Saturday, August 8, 2009

My New Found Passion.....

This summer has not found me lounging by the pool lazily with nothing to do....sadly. But I have still seemed to find time to become OBSESSED with a not so new hobby...Tie Dyeing. It started with an innocent Memorial Day family get together. I made a Tie Dye Shirt for myself...continued on with 1 for Sadie , 2 for Lincoln, and 1 for Jim that turned Hot Pink.....needless to say, you wont see him sporting it on a weekend trips to the Home Depot :) Well a couple weeks later I had made 10 more, had a dyeing party in my back yard ( thanks Starr) and was convinced the young women all needed tie dye bandannas for girls camp.

And now tie dyeing has led me to an even more addicting task....bleaching! Not my bathroom grout lines, sorry Jim. No, I have discovered the beauty that is harsh whitening chemicals in a spray bottle ..................LONG STORY SHORT........
Dye For Fashion!!!

After creating just a few pieces and experimenting with mixtures I had a mad brainstorming moment...I joke that it was a religious experience seeing that I was at a church function :) I will post as I create, and feel free to contact me for custom orders.
Happy Dyeing :)
-Myla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home